Saturday, January 28, 2012

Why I Can't Stand ESPN

I'll admit it, I check out ESPN's every day for the latest sports news, but I'm starting to wonder why I do that.  Sure, I have an insider account which allows to me access some neat content.  But otherwise, there really isn't anything special about ESPN's own site, or the channel itself.  I can get all the sports news I need from Yahoo Sports, CBS Sports, NFL.com, and MLB.com.  And the NFL network is vastly superior to ESPN (TNF> MNF).  NFL Network employs football legends Kurt Warner, Michael Irving, Marshall Faulk, and Deion Sanders, just to name a few.  Sure, ESPN has some football greats like Mike Ditka and Steve Young, but they also employ HORRIBLE players like Trent Dilfer and Matt Millen.  I personally prefer NFL Network because those guys try to have fun, know what they're talking about, and they don't try to have politically correct conversations like ESPN does.  NFL network is fun to watch, ESPN is just plain boring.

My main problem with ESPN is this article right here. In this trash article, the author laments at how Prince Fielder is being paid millions of dollars while the city of Detroit is still suffering.  Newsflash to ESPN, the City of Detroit is suffering because of its liberal policies that you and others always advocate.  ESPN's political biases can be seen elsewhere, such as its firing of Hank Williams Jr. over his non-existent comparison between Obama and Hitler.  ESPN, however, did not fire Jemele Hill for comparing Joe Calipari to Charles MansonThey also forced Rush Limbaugh to resign from his position over comments over the Donovan McNabb, who does suck by the way.  While ESPN's political biases are obvious, so is its bias against sports teams.  They always cover the big named teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, and Lakers, but never any other "smaller" teams like the Bengals or Browns.  It also exhibits bias in its rather non-existent coverage of MMA.  In fact, I remember ESPN comparing Michael Vick's dog fighting scandal to the UFC!  It's commentators are also incredibly biased, from Bill Simmons to former ESPN employee Keith Olbermann.  Yeah, I don't think I have to say anymore about Keith Olbermann.  It's Obama loving, big team loving is obvious, and it alienates me and many others from the network.

What does ESPN have that its competition have?  Well, the always controversial Skip Bayless, the attractive Erin Andrews, and oh uhm well, Bill Simmons (does anybody care about him?).  ESPN also features 24/7 Tim Tebow coverage and 24/7 non-coverage of MMA, along with 24/7 dull coverage of day's biggest sports news stories.   Yeah, I won't be visiting ESPN's site for a while.  Comment why you hate ESPN below.

No comments:

Post a Comment